Top 10 Reasons to Have Sex in the New Year
I recently read an interesting article on CNN.com called New Year’s Resolution: Have More Sex. The article was written by a CNN Senior Medical Correspondent and I loved that it highlighted the health benefits of having an active sex life. So many people still stigmatize those who are comfortable with their sexuality and even have trouble saying the “S” word in public.
In addition to the health benefits, a healthy sex life can also bring couples closer. Many of you might remember the case of the Texas Minister who encouraged his congregation to have sex every night until they met again that next Sunday. The lesson was simple: pay attention and commit to the importance of intimacy in your relationship with your partner. They interviewed the couples after the minister’s challenge, and many of the couples talked about the closeness and enhanced bond that was fostered immediately afterward.
You have to start somewhere when it comes to getting the intimacy you deserve so why not start fresh with the New Year! It’s a great time to begin making the changes necessary to work on your relationship – especially for those who live in colder climates and are off snuggling under the covers!
Below is a list of even more reasons to make sex a priority in your relationship in 2010:
1. Sex is a beauty treatment. Scientific tests find that when women make
love they produce increased amounts of the hormone estrogen, which makes hair shine and skin smooth.
2. Gentle, relaxed love-making reduces your chances of suffering
dermatitis, skin rashes and blemishes. The sweat produced cleanses the
pores and makes your skin glow.
3. Love-making can burn up those calories you piled on during that
4. Sex is one of the safest sports you can take up. It stretches and
tones just about every muscle in the body. It’s more enjoyable than
swimming 20 laps, and you don’t need special sneakers!
5. Sex is an instant cure for mild depression. It releases endorphins
into the bloodstream, producing a sense of euphoria and leaving you with
a feeling of well-being.
6. The more sex you have, the more you will be offered. The sexually
active body gives off greater quantities of chemicals called
pheromones. These subtle sex perfumes drive the opposite sex crazy!
7. Sex is the safest tranquilizer in the world.
8. Smooch while in the sack. Kissing encourages saliva
to wash food from the teeth and lowers the level of the acid that causes
decay, preventing plaque build-up.
9. Sex actually relieves headaches. A love-making session can release the
tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain.
10. A lot of love-making can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural
antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever.