Thank You for 25 Years
25 years ago, if you would have told me that I would be celebrating my 25th anniversary as the Founder and Chairwoman of my own company, a company that gives women across the world an opportunity to change their lives and empower other woman along the way, I would have stared at you in disbelief.
Like many of you, when I started Pure Romance, my “Why” was to provide a better life for my family. Over the years, Pure Romance has grown into something much bigger than anything I could have ever imagined, and I could not be more grateful. There are so many people I would like to say thank you to:
- To the people who believed in me and our mission.
- To those who stayed with me when they could have chosen a different path.
- To my children, who started as my reason for this journey, but have since become a part of the journey and our growth.
- To the people who helped me print my very first catalog.
- To the vendors that help us create the best of the best.
- To all the women who have stayed a student.
- To all the strong, forward thinking women.
- To all the Consultants who bring our mission and products into people’s homes every single night.
- To everyone who believes in our products.
- To the women who believe in more than just the sale of a product.
- To the naysayers for fueling my fire.
- To the women who believe in empowering and educating women on their sexuality, sexual health, and providing a safe environment for these women.
- To the women who believe in changing lives, whether it be their own, their families, or someone else’s.
- To the Consultants we’ve gained in acquisitions for embracing change and joining the Pure Romance family.
- To every single one of you who have taken a leap of faith and believed that you can do this.
- To the Pure Romance staff. The best advice I was ever given was to surround yourself with the best, so that’s what I’ve done. Without their dedication, hard work and passion, I would not be where I am today.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart to every single person who has turned my dream into a reality.
Looking back, I don’t know that there would be too many things that I would change throughout this journey. I never thought I would build a company that my family would be involved in, that we’d grow as much as we have, or that the city of Cincinnati would support us in the way that they have. It’s amazing to know that each and every day, we are continuously opening up more doors and providing more resources for not just women, but for all people to learn more about their sexuality. We will always be a company, that educates, a company that fosters acceptance and understanding, and an organization on the cutting edge of research and discovery. We don’t just sell products. We better the lives of those around us, and those experiences positively impact people every single day. That is why we do what we do.
In the beginning of my journey, my “Why” was my family … Today, my “Why” is still my family: it’s you. And together, we’re creating bigger and better dreams for women all over the world.
It’s been 25 years, but our journey has just begun.