Sizzling Summer Makeup Looks + Giveaway
Guest Blog By Ed Blevins, Patty’s personal makeup artist and Saks Fifth Avenue YSL makeup artist
Summer is in full swing! This is the time to make sure your skin is in tip-top shape. Here are a few of my favorite products to help you maintain a healthy glow and always look fresh.
- Put your winter foundation away and try a lightweight tinted-moisturizer with a SPF. I like Laura Mercier; it comes in quite a few different formulas to go with all skin types.
- Add a compact pressed powder; it provides more coverage and can be easier to travel with than loose powder.
- Try Chanel’s LES BEIGES new powders and bronzers. They have an amazing finish.
- If you’re more on the oily side, Bobbie Brown and Clinique offer blotting papers that absorb oil without removing your makeup.
- And my favorite part of makeup: color. This year’s spring and summer look has included a throw back to the 80s with the “bronze goddess” reappearing (with a splash of color). Coral is the color to try this year to stay current. It can be blush or lip stick, and don’t forget the eyes can go from clean and natural to a full pop of color.
So on your next visit to your favorite cosmetics counter, ask to try some thing new. Make up is not permanent, just your smile is!
Patty’s Pick: See what Patty’s using this season in the YSL coral palette. Patty’s Tip: “Don’t be intimidated by the price tag! You can easily use the colors of this YSL palette to find a similar, more affordable palette.”
A note from Patty’s desk: I wanted to treat my subscribers to a few of Ed’s favorite things. One of my lucky blog followers will win a gift to help enhance her summer look. Good Luck!
*To enter to win:
-Comment on the blog: For example, what’s your favorite summer makeup essential?
-Must be a blog subscriber.