5 Perks of Being Single
Last week, I reminded all the single ladies that there is no shame in their game. Society tends to focus on what the single girl is missing, but conveniently leaves out the advantages she has over her attached counterparts.
Let’s celebrate some of those, shall we?
Five Little Perks of Being Single
- Living without compromise. Women in relationships make a lot of compromises; that is just part of being a couple. The single woman is never dragged to a dull office party to make nice with the hubby’s boss. She never watches a sporting event she doesn’t care about, and her radio is preset to all of her favorite stations. The single girl can say “No” or “Yes” anytime she pleases.
- Flirting your heart out. That cute guy who spends an hour on the bench press at the gym? You can flirt with him. The smoldering bartender who knows how to make your favorite cocktail with just the right amount of lemon? You can flirt with him. You can flirt with anyone you feel like, and good flirting will make you feel confident and sexy. A word of caution: be careful whom you flirt with—not everyone has the same luxury.
- Jetting off on a whim. You can pick up and go at a moment’s notice without having to okay it with anyone but your boss. Set off on a weekend adventure, just because.
- Indulging yourself. The single girl can keep the whole bottle of wine to herself; she can eat the last piece of cheesecake without feeling bad about it. She can even indulge in exercise. What’s the harm in spending an extra half hour at the gym when you aren’t leaving anyone alone at home?
- Shopping ‘til you drop. A new pair of form-fitting jeans or sparkly earrings is a great way to change up your wardrobe. The single girl can shop as much as she wants without feeling like she needs to justify it.
Now it’s your turn to chime in! What are some little advantages to being single?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
the opportunity to discover who you are and what you are truly capable of
You don’t have to worry about anyone but yourself! All those decisions we make that involve what the significant other would think or feel are out the window!
“Jetting off on a whim” is definitely one of them I would have taken more advantage of, had I realized how hard it would become later on!
ice cream for dinner 🙂
Thanks Patty! Needed this today! I am so blessed to be part of Pure Romance family.
Being who you want to be 100% of the time, no compromise! Making decisions then changing them on a whim.
The excitement of new experiences, meeting new people and enjoying what life offers.
You can stay in your warm jammy all fay if ya want to!
As you told your story at National Training 2012 I balled my eyes out,
I knew exactly what you where talking about. I allowed my husband of 18 years hold me back personally and in my business. Not anymore. Thanks for giving me the security that it will be okay and it will work out.
Now that I’m single “for the 1st time since high school” I am rebuilding my personal life and my business with the help of your son, Chris.
I’m so thankful for comming home when I want to… 7 am, it’s okay. I am allowed to be friends with the guys I once knew long ago. I can do what ever I want to….. flirt, stay a little longer, laugh a little louder and most of all….I’m shinning from the inside now and I’m glowing from the outside!!! I can’t wait to see how far I can take my business now! What vaccation I can take my kids on in June… Here I come 2013 …. I’m full of ambition and empowered with the knowledge and the know how to take my business to the fullest potintual.
Since Aug 2006
Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful information specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.