Fifty Shades of Grey & the Modern Woman
At Pure Romance, we’ve had a rush of party bookings in the past two months, all thanks to the growing popularity of the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. Party guests chat all about the books, buy Ben Wa Balls because of the novel, and want to know more about bondage and S&M. Embracing sexuality is reaching a larger scope of women now, and I couldn’t be happier with this most recent boost in women’s sexual morale.
What Fifty Shades of Grey is doing is opening up women’s eyes, sexually. They want to get their mojo back, want to embrace the feelings they already have but may have been too shy to acknowledge, or want to try something new entirely. There is the whole “comfort in numbers” to this wildly popular series that’s encouraging women everywhere to open up and freely discuss sexuality. A woman tells her friend about it, and then her friend reads the book. She enjoys it, knowing her friend enjoys it as well. The mutual intrigue is stemming from the mindset of, “It’s OK for me to like this because other women like this, too. I can give myself permission now because I’m not alone.”
It’s almost a reawakening; the concepts are nothing new, but S&M, bondage, and a female’s sexuality are on the forefront of people’s minds right now. Women are recognizing that these desires and this awareness are healthy! It’s perfectly normal to be curious, want to experiment, and to talk about these desires with your partner.
I’ve always known that women and their partners have these desires, which is why I’ve made sure to include fun, safe, and sexy products that are in alignment with these sexual cravings. Below are my top five tips to experimenting with bondage and S&M:
1. Talk about your curiosity with your partner to see if he or she would be open to experimentation. Have an open, honest conversation, and do some research together. It’s perfectly normal to giggle throughout the research phase!
2. Once you’ve started experimenting, have a “safe word” if things become a little too hot and heavy. It’s also wise to regularly check in on your partner’s comfort level.
3. Remember it’s all about the pleasure of losing and gaining control! Embrace one or both roles—switch on and off with your partner, if you’d like!
4. Experiment with some Pure Romance products. Try one or all: Tie Me Up Tape, Ben Wa Balls, Tickle & Whip, Vanilla Bondage Kit, Cozy Cuffs, or Burning Desire.
5. Have fun! Remain within your physical comfort levels while giving something new a try!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Not only do I LOVE what these books have done for my PR business, but I also love what it has done for me personally! Even us amazing consultants need a little reminding sometimes, that its ok to feel the way we do about bedroom “activities” 🙂
Love it! Thank you Patty! <3
Perfectly said Patty! Thanks for speaking on this subject and continuing to bring sexuality to light for women everywhere!
So true Patty. Thank you for having these products available for our clients. They are loving them. xoxo
Kelly McDerment Prostor
Thank you, Patty! It’s such an honor to be able to help share products and information on this growing trend with ‘real’ women. There is a little bit of Anastasia in all of us!
This is crazy good! Thanks Patti!
I have read the whole trilogy. I have to admit I read all three in 5 days. Even though I have been with Pure Romance for almost 3 years I believe they opened my eyes. I never realized how much I am like Gray and have never know what it is like to be Ana. Between E.L James and Patty I am learning more about my intamite life than I ever thought.
Well said! Couldn’t agree more! Great article Patty 🙂