Suddenly Single: 10 Tips To Keeping a Level Head
A lot of times when people find out I work “in the business of intimacy” they automatically assume that I am a veritable matchmaker or relationship guru – but the truth is that intimacy truly starts with you, and there isn’t anything wrong with you if you choose to be single or are currently unattached. That’s part of the reason why I wrote Pure Romance Between the Sheets in two sections. The first part being focused on the reader’s personal journey of learning about their bodies and sexuality and the second part emphasizing ways to incorporate what they’ve learned into a relationship if they so choose.
Everyone should take time to explore who they are and what their likes and dislikes are in and out of the bedroom so that when they do decide to share their life with someone they will be entering that relationship with two solid feet placed firmly on the ground. For those of you who find yourself “suddenly single” I’ve put together 10 great tips on how to keep a level head and rebuild self-confidence.
- Don’t waste your time being angry or resentful
- Focus on yourself and all of the positive things in your life
- Redecorate, get a new haircut, work out and eat right (a fit body will make you feel sexy!)
- Keep a journal
- Fill your calendar with “dates” with friends
- Let yourself cry when you need to and whatever you do, don’t beat yourself up about it
- Reflect on how much worse it could be (okay, that one might sound a little depressing, but it does put things into perspective!)
- Start a new hobby or do something you could never do when you were tied down in the failing relationship
- Don’t rush out and think a hot guy will make it better
- Read a fun or reassuring book (Eat, Pray, Love, or 15 Minutes of Shame are a couple great pick-me-ups)
And remember, we have thousands of women nationwide who host “Suddenly Single” parties with Pure Romance which can also provide a wonderful support system – it builds female camaraderie and you can always find a bunch of self-pampering products and some fun items that don’t require a partner.