Be Single and Mingle Through the Holidays
This time of year, the focus seems to be couples doing wonderful things during the holidays—watch TV any night and you’ll see an ad where couples are buying each other jewelry, cars and, yes, even exercise bikes. But what if you’re a single instead of a couple? Actually, this time of year can be a lot less stressful and more fun, for one.
In an article for meetmindful.com, Chelli Pumphrey, a love and dating coach and a Licensed Professional Counselor, has some reminders for anyone who may be single during the holidays. “If you find yourself struggling with your single status over the holidays, shifting your mindset can help you cope,” she says.
To make the holidays fun for one, she suggests:
- You can embrace freedom. When you’re single, she says, you don’t have to figure out how to share time with two (or more) families or traditions. “You can do what makes you happy,” she writes. “Why not take a trip somewhere alone? You can create a new tradition for yourself.”
- You can be your own date. If you’re invited to a party, don’t shy away from going, go it alone. “Own your single status,” she says, “and who knows who you might meet!”
Mydomaine.com also has reasons why you can be single during the holidays and love it, including:
- You don’t have to worry about meeting anyone else’s expectations (like answering the ‘when are you getting married?’ question).
- You can go back to your home town and simply enjoy it, rather than having to play host.
- You can decorate your home as little, or as much as YOU want.
- You don’t have to stress over what to get your partner’s extended family for the holidays. Instead, they suggest, use that money to treat yourself.
So, don’t be afraid to be single and mingle your way through the holidays—it can be great fun! And if you decide to dip your toes into the dating pool after the new year, circle January 5, 2020 on your calendar—dating websites say the first Sunday of the new year is the busiest for those looking for love on line!
To read more tips on being single during the holidays, here’s the link to the full article from Meet Mindful HERE and from My Domaine HERE!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.