Take Time to Be Kind
Did you know that Monday, November 13 is World Kindness Day? On one hand, it’s nice that we have a day set aside to be kind to one another. However, it shouldn’t be limited to just the one day. It takes no more effort to be kind than not, so let’s make sure World Kindness Day isn’t just a one-time celebration.
Some notable women said it best when talking about kindness:
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” ― Amelia Earhart
- “Never be so busy as not to think of others.” ― Mother Teresa
- “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” ― Barbara De Angelis
- “We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
And besides being nice to each other, kindness has tangible health benefits, as well. An act of kindness can decrease stress, boost happiness, lower blood pressure, release feel-good chemicals and inspire more kindness. Want more reasons to be kind? Read this from Huffington Post https://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-r-hamilton-phd/kindness-benefits_b_869537.html and be kind to someone today!